Dev4 won't run on old 32 bit Win 10 machine

al.m...@blueyonder.co.uk

Jul 7, 2024, 1:55:33 PMJul 7
to Open PHD Guiding
Refreshing a very old Netbook PC that is kept as a backup for the imaging laptop and it offered to download and install 2.6.13 dev4.  Once this was complete I tried to launch but was presented with the message

...MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error.    Error status 0c000035a.

Reverting to 2.6.13  cured the problem and runs fine.

OS is Windows 10 32 bit (X64 based processor) Intel Atom N450 1 core 2 threads 2gb memory

Untitled.jpg

Bruce Waddington

Jul 7, 2024, 10:52:44 PMJul 7
to Open PHD Guiding
Sorry about this, you need to install the 32-bit version of the Microsoft VC++ redistributable libraries.  Take a look at this forum thread:

We'll fix this in the next development build.

al.m...@blueyonder.co.uk

Jul 8, 2024, 12:36:21 PMJul 8
to Open PHD Guiding
Many thanks for the swift answer! Great support as always.

There seem to be quite a few 'bits' of  MS Visual C++ in the 'uninstall or change program' section of control panel, so I'll play around with these, but will be quite happy to wait for the next dev release if I fail to resolve which one is missing/corrupt.

VC++.png

Clear skies!

bw_m...@earthlink.net

Jul 8, 2024, 1:25:34 PMJul 8
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

Leave the existing ones alone and just install the 32-bit version of the 2015-2022 redistributable.  If you start uninstalling things, other apps may break.

Cheers,

Bruce

On Sunday, July 7, 2024 at 10:55:33 AM UTC-7 al.m...@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

Refreshing a very old Netbook PC that is kept as a backup for the imaging laptop and it offered to download and install 2.6.13 dev4.  Once this was complete I tried to launch but was presented with the message

...MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error.    Error status 0c000035a.

Reverting to 2.6.13  cured the problem and runs fine.

OS is Windows 10 32 bit (X64 based processor) Intel Atom N450 1 core 2 threads 2gb memory

image001.png
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

al.m...@blueyonder.co.uk

Jul 9, 2024, 5:55:07 PMJul 9
to Open PHD Guiding
Please excuse my ignorance, but isn't the 'X86' in the file name of the 2015-2022  file an indication that it is 32 bit?

Hi-lite.png

al.m...@blueyonder.co.uk

Jul 9, 2024, 5:55:12 PMJul 9
to Open PHD Guiding
Thanks, Bruce. Advice much appreciated.

I am a little confused, however, because I thought the x86 in the file name for the 2015-2022 meant it was 32 bit?

Hi-lite.pngs