Logs deleted each time PHD2 launches (OneDrive)

rod...@gmail.com

May 9, 2021, 5:55:37 AM5/9/21
to Open PHD Guiding
Hi
I usually direct PHD2 to store its log files on OneDrive so that i can read them offline from my desktop computer the next day.
Since I installed version 2.6.9 dev4, I get a notification from OneDrive that many PHD2 log files were deleted.
It happens systematically, each time PHD2 is launched.
It wasn't the case before.
Is this a bug, or a new feature?
Many thanks in advance,
Rodolphe

PS: PHD2 runs on a Win10 Pro, Intel NUC

bw_msgboard

May 9, 2021, 10:40:00 AM5/9/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

The rule is that PHD2 removes guide logs older than 60 days, debug guide logs older than 30 days.  None of that code has changed since it was originally done.  The OneDrive notification may be bogus, you would have to look at what’s actually on the cloud drive and whether or not the deletions are being generated by your desktop computer.  If you’re still convinced there’s a problem with PHD2, we would need you to try putting the log files on a local hard drive and duplicating the problem there.  Since we all use PHD2 all the time with our own setups, I think we would have seen this ourselves.

Regards,

Bruce