Data to guide with PHD-Ascom

Sencelles Observatory

Jan 16, 2022, 4:43:15 AM1/16/22
to Open PHD Guiding
Hello friends,
Can someone tell me what data to use to guide with Ascom and EQmod? I am referring to the data to be used in both PHD and EQmod.
It's usually giving me 1.50"-2.00" errors, and I need to guide at 0.60-0.80" for the stars to be  round. I've tried the guiding wizard but it doesn't get much better.
Thanks in advance.
Mario

Ken Self

Jan 16, 2022, 5:01:22 AM1/16/22
to Open PHD Guiding
Hi Mario
It would be helpful to attach a guide log to illustrate your problem. Instructions on how to do this at https://openphdguiding.org/getting-help/
Your problem may not be fixable with either EQMOD or PHD2.
In most cases the default settings in PHD2 work fine and tweaking them would not make the diference between 0.6" and 1.5"
In any case, the log will show what settings you are using already in case something can be adjusted.
Listing our every single parameter from EQMOD and PHD2 is very difficult.

--Ken

Sencelles Observatory

Jan 16, 2022, 10:30:59 AM1/16/22
to Open PHD Guiding
Thank you very much Ken, you are very right, I am going to read that link you have put and I will return with the log.

bw_msgboard

Jan 16, 2022, 11:06:14 AM1/16/22
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
You should also be sure your EQMOD settings match this document:

Jan 23, 2022, 6:46:00 AM1/23/22
to Open PHD Guiding
Thanks Bruce.
I had already put all those parameters in Eqmod, but I have the guide rate at 0.5. I see that the advice is up to 0.9.
I'll try it when it clears.