PHD-2 vers. 2.6.9 - Navtive drivers for Moravian Instruments cameras

Reinhold Friedrich Auer

May 15, 2021, 5:59:51 AM5/15/21
to Open PHD Guiding
Dear all,
Moravian instruments writes on it's home page, that their cameras are supperted by PHD-D v2.6.9dev. 2.
Because of a new Win10 Pro installation I have had to install also PHD-2 again. Unfortunately I cannot find the Moravian Cameras in the device list.
Can you help?

Best regards, rfa

bw_msgboard

May 15, 2021, 1:51:53 PM5/15/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

Have you installed the Moravian camera drivers?

Bruce

Reinhold Friedrich Auer

May 15, 2021, 2:09:17 PM5/15/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruce
yes of course. After I have installed the Moravian Ascom driver both cameras were available right away. But native drivers did not work.
Rgds, rfa

Reinhold Fr. Auer Dipl. Ing. /FH)
Chudčice 273
CZ - 66471 Veverská Bítýška
tel. +420 605 55 38 52

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Open PHD Guiding" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/open-phd-guiding/8A1FEB54E55B44C6ABEC1E845B833F92%40HomeDesktop.

bw_msgboard

May 15, 2021, 2:56:36 PM5/15/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

What version of PHD2 did you install?  I has to be dev2 or later.

http://openphdguiding.org/development-snapshots/

We haven’t made any changes in this area since dev2.

Reinhold Friedrich Auer

May 15, 2021, 4:46:27 PM5/15/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
I installed yesterday the newest version from the download page

bw_msgboard

May 15, 2021, 5:47:38 PM5/15/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

I don’t think we’re getting anywhere.  Can you tell me *exactly* what version of PHD2 you’re running?  The development releases, which is what you need, come from the link I sent you.  That’s a different source than the ‘download’ tab on the web site.  If you’re using the installer mechanism inside of PHD2,  you need to reset the option to only check for major releases:

You need to use 2.6.9dev5 which is not the same as 2.6.9.  The title bar in the PHD2 window shows you what release you’re running.  If that isn’t the problem, I’ll need a list of exactly what you’ve done, what you’ve installed, and the PHD2 debug log file.  That will be a big file so you will need to use the Help/Upload log files… menu function in PHD2.

image002.jpg

Reinhold Friedrich Auer

May 16, 2021, 3:54:51 AM5/16/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
sorry for my incomplete answer. Of course I installed PHD-2.6.9dev5 from your website. This version does not recognized the native Windows driver from Moravian Instruments. After I installed the MI Ascom driver PHD-2.6.9dev5 found immediately the cameras.
Best regards, rfa

Reinhold Fr. Auer Dipl. Ing. /FH)
Chudčice 273
CZ - 66471 Veverská Bítýška
tel. +420 605 55 38 52

bw_msgboard

May 16, 2021, 2:23:06 PM5/16/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

This should work assuming you had the Moravian USB camera drivers installed before you ran PHD2.  Try navigating to the PHD2 executable directory and see if it contains a file called gxUSB.dll.  If so, you should be able to connect to the native USB camera driver.  If the file is there and you still have the problem, please send me your debug log file.

image001.jpg

Reinhold Friedrich Auer

May 17, 2021, 1:38:37 AM5/17/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com, Pavel Cagas (Google+)
Hi Bruce,
yes, it is correct I have installed first SIPS and later PHD-2. And yes, the PHD2 executable directory is empty - no GxUSB.dll there.
Shall I make the following test:
Delete the Moravian Instruments Ascom driver, then copy the GxUSB.dll into the executable PHD2 directory and see how it works?

If this is the case, then there is missing a routine which checks whether there is already a camera installed and copies the native driver into the executable directory of  PHD2.

rfa

Reinhold Fr. Auer Dipl. Ing. /FH)
Chudčice 273
CZ - 66471 Veverská Bítýška
tel. +420 605 55 38 52

bw_msgboard

May 17, 2021, 10:21:25 AM5/17/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com, Pavel Cagas (Google+)

No, I think I would like to see your debug log file at this point.  You can upload it to a cloud service or by using the Help/Upload logs feature.

image001.jpg