PHD2 2.6.13 can't find QHY294MM camera

John Adastra

Jul 12, 2024, 2:49:36 AMJul 12
to Open PHD Guiding
Recently bought a used QHY294MM Pro cooled camera which will be the guide cam for a 16" RC with an ONAG guide setup. When I select QHY from the PHD2 gear and camera menu it tells me no cameras found. I can easily locate the 294MM using NINA or SharpCap and can connect. cool and capture images. But nothing to connect to with PHD2.

Can someone with the right knowledge please give me a lead on how to resolve this? The cam was purchased just for guiding and can't get anything from PHD2. I have reinstalled PHD2 and the QHY drivers to no avail. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

John

pollya...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2024, 11:28:13 AM (14 days ago) Jul 12
to Open PHD Guiding
Hello John,
I'm more or less a beginner, but this QHY camera issue seems pretty common.
I think you may need to install the ASCOM platfor and use the QHY ASCON driver.
Cheers,
- Jack T