Problem with the pulse guide,

Robert Twarogal

Jul 9, 2024, 1:37:11 AMJul 9
to Open PHD Guiding
Hy!
I have a problem with the pulse guide, I am attaching log files. I can't cope with it on my own. At first it's ok, then the error message pulsguide

Bruce Waddington

Jul 9, 2024, 5:42:55 PMJul 9
to Open PHD Guiding
The pulse-guide failure happens because the guide command isn't being completed by the mount driver in a reasonable amount of time.  For example, a 500ms command to move north was still not completed after 2.5 seconds.  This didn't happen all the time and things eventually cleared up but it means that guiding was degraded during this time.  Looking at your log files, you seem to have a big mess with the USB connections on your gear - for example, you generated a huge number of errors while trying to connect to your guide camera.  I think you need to get all these hardware and connectivity issues sorted out before you can do any reasonable guiding - USB connection problems can also cause the pulse-guide alerts you saw.

Good luck,
Bruce