Prolog code

Douglas Miles

Aug 23, 2020, 6:51:20 PM8/23/20
to open-nars
Hi,

I am making a Prolog DCG to read the NAL format

I am looking for any prolog code (no matter how old or incomplete it is)  for working with NAL/NARS..   Currently I only know about what is located at:  https://cis.temple.edu/~pwang/demos.html

Thank you in advance!
Douglas Miles

Pei Wang

Aug 23, 2020, 7:07:04 PM8/23/20
to open-nars
Hi, Douglas,

I don't know any other Prolog code of NARS/NAL, and I haven't had the time to further develop that code you found, though I still like the idea. ;-)

Regards,

Pei

Douglas Miles

Dec 5, 2021, 8:26:42 AM12/5/21
to open...@googlegroups.com

The prolog code has this test here  https://cis.temple.edu/~pwang/Implementation/NAL/NAL-Examples.txt

nal_example_test(inference([inheritance(robin, animal),  [1, 0.9]],
                [inheritance(robin, bird), [1, 0.9]],
           [inheritance(bird, animal), T]),
        [T = [1, 0.45]])

Would this be represented test in a .NAL file as?
IN: <bird --> mammal>. %1.00;0.90%
IN: <robin --> bird>. %1.00;0.90%
1
OUT:  <robin --> mammal>. %1.00;0.45%

Douglas Miles

Dec 5, 2021, 8:26:42 AM12/5/21
to open...@googlegroups.com
Type there.. I meant...

```

  inference([inheritance(robin, animal), [1, 0.9]],
   [inheritance(robin, bird), [1, 0.9]],
    [inheritance(bird, animal), T]).
T = [1, 0.45]

Would this be analogous to this  input/output test?

I am looking to convert some of the nal tests to prolog tests

Fixed the typos below

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 2:45 AM Douglas Miles <logi...@gmail.com> wrote:

The prolog code has this test here  https://cis.temple.edu/~pwang/Implementation/NAL/NAL-Examples.txt

nal_example_test(inference([inheritance(robin, animal),  [1, 0.9]],
                [inheritance(robin, bird), [1, 0.9]],
           [inheritance(bird, animal), T]),
        [T = [1, 0.45]])

Would this be represented test in a .NAL file as?

 IN: <robin --> animal>. %1.00;0.90%
IN: <robin --> bird>. %1.00;0.90%
1

OUT:  <animal --> bird>. %1.00;0.45%