Prediction in Java OpenNars

djire...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2022, 4:37:57 AM11/15/22
to open-nars
Hi there,

I was experimenting with OpenNars (Java version). I see temporal induction between two events includes the duration e.g.

<(&/,A,+1256184) =/> B>.

As event A is wrapped up in a conjunction, I was wondering how the above inference is now used for the prediction of B if A were to occur again.

Does  the recurring A need to be wrapped in a &/ conjunction as well? e.g.
(&/, A, 0). :|:

And does the duration need to match the original implication?

Thanks.
David

Pei Wang

Nov 16, 2022, 2:35:27 AM11/16/22
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

With that implication justment, event A will be directly used to make a prediction about event B at the estimated time.

In a new version of OpenNARS, time intervals like +1256184  will be "hidden" within the judgment, so the judgment will be displayed as <A =/> B> so the conjunction won't be needed.

The durature between A and B does not need to match that in the judgment, though there will be a confidence decrease associated with the time difference, in the same manner as the "time projection" discussed in The OpenNARS implementation of the Non-Axiomatic Reasoning System.

Regards,

Pei