Configurability of motor babbling

Adrian Borucki

Apr 19, 2022, 8:33:16 AM4/19/22
to open-nars
I see that when there are custom operations specified (via `*setopname`) motor babbling still uses some predefined set of them. Is that in any way configurable? If I want similar behaviour with my custom ops, then do I just emulate that by assuming a random action has been taken? Currently that’s what I’ve been doing but I don’t know what consequence it has on the system (as random action choice is externalised).

Also, it would be nice to have proper documentation of all these things so that people don’t have to search through C code to guess what it does (like, there is this `*babblingops` setting that seems to do nothing)?

Adrian Borucki

Apr 20, 2022, 3:47:33 PM4/20/22
to open-nars
Ok, never mind this question, it turned out that I had to wait a bit after starting UDPNAR so that initial commands don’t get dropped.