Is abstract logic inference supported?

Christopher Pereira

May 16, 2024, 3:57:58 AMMay 16
to open-nars
Is abstract logic inference supported?

1) Example:

< p <=> q >.
< p ==> q >?

// result: "none", expected: "true"

2) Use case: abstract reasoning for AGI.

Pei Wang

May 16, 2024, 4:06:21 AMMay 16
to open...@googlegroups.com
This should work. Under the semantics of NARS, it is not more abstract than your previous examples.

As I am traveling abroad and have limited internet access, I can’t check your more complicated problems, nor to remove the moderation on your membership for posts.

Regards,

Pei

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/open-nars/fb480757-6078-4dd5-9761-c009c468107bn%40googlegroups.com.

Christopher Pereira

May 17, 2024, 5:41:18 AMMay 17
to open-nars
I believe the difference here is that I'm not saying anything about <p>.
If I say:

p.

Then:

q?

Returns "true".

Have a good trip.

stephen clark

May 23, 2024, 9:15:59 PMMay 23
to open...@googlegroups.com
 Hi,

Seeing that NARS has been around for a quite a while, is there any plans
for commercial support?

thanks

Stephen

Patrick Hammer

Jun 12, 2024, 1:32:12 AMJun 12
to open-nars
Hi Stephen!

Yes, for MeTTa-NARS already via SingularityNet, they encourage its usage together with the other components of Hyperon.
ONA despite more mature is not yet backed up by a company, but that will happen this year as well.

Best regards,
Patrick