23R implementation

Robert w

Apr 21, 2023, 3:21:54 PM4/21/23
to open-nars

Hello dear NARliens,

today I present my little "pet" project - 23R (R stands for reasoner) which is a Non-Axiomatic reasoner plus a vision system in the same repo. The details of the vision system are described in a upcoming paper (it has already passed peer review, which is good).

Why write yet another NARS? Simply because I had many reasons for doing so.

It already features multiple derivers for the perception of events to properly support the building of complicated terms required for some RFT experiments.
It also has an ALANN/ONA inspired deriver that works with the good old priority queue.
The (nature) goal system is currently pretty basic. Primary goal was to "drive" decisions required for basic RFT inspired tests/experiments.

https://github.com/PtrMan/23R
(most of the code is written in Nim)

RFT test/example intended for NLP/NLU, but should also work for other purposes: https://github.com/PtrMan/23R/blob/main/nalTest/procDeriv5RftNlu.nal#L7

A other way to support NLP are also supported, such as a LM based translation from natural language to a simpler representation which is useful to build NAL sentences to feed into NAR https://github.com/PtrMan/23R/blob/main/moduleNlp0/moduleNlp0.py#L33 .

Rob