OpenNARS/ONA + Multirotor?

Changxin Sun

Nov 20, 2022, 8:33:38 PM11/20/22
to open-nars
Hi,
Is there a plan for ONA to control the four motors of the quadrotor for flight?
Perhaps it is more convenient to use the PX4 or Autopilot, but it makes more sense to control the motor directly!

Thanks.
Changxin

Patrick Hammer

Dec 30, 2022, 9:46:13 PM12/30/22
to open-nars
Hi Changxin!

Sorry for my late response, somehow I didn't see your message.
Hm I wouldn't recommend using ONA directly to control the motors, since stability should be guaranteed to avoid damage to the hardware. (same with collision avoidance when distance becomes dangerously small)
Ideally ONA would control the drone on a higher-level: to let it move in various directions via operation invocations, whereby desired speed can be an operation argument.

Best regards,
Patrick