Reminder: NDA is over! Wanna share iOS7, Inter-App Audio and other experiences?

nlogmusic (TempoRubato - NLogSynth)

Sep 19, 2013, 7:02:27 AM9/19/13
to open-music-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just like to encourage to use this forum for sharing problems and solutions in the recent iOS7 audio problem discussions. And also of course about Inter-App Audio implementation experiences.

Last days these subjects heated up, not always in a constructive way, but some good content from developers is spread over several blogs, even in comments, etc.

If you like, use this forum. I think it has been proven useful when Core MIDI came out with even less documentation.

At least, NDA is over, and we can freely talk about it here.

Cheers
Rolf

David Blake

Nov 2, 2013, 12:33:54 AM11/2/13
to open-music-app...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rolf,

Sounds like a great idea to me. I am just looking into inter-app audio now and discovering apart from the apple example project we are pretty much on our own when it comes to explaining what IAA is capable of.

Am I right in thinking that an App can only publish one channel of audio? Looking at the example project, I see that you basically publish your RemoteIO output node as a kAudioUnitType_RemoteInstrument. However since you can only have one output node, I'm guessing this means that you can only output all audio currently playing in your app, you cant separate audio streams and publish them separately and simultaneously?

I have an app (Jam Maestro) that allows you to have several guitars/bass/drums playing simultaneously, it would be nice to publish each one of these separately so someone could get pure streams of each instrument rather than the mix. Dont know if that is possible do you?

Cheers,
Dave