FYI: NAMM Show Opportunity (January 22-25, Anaheim CA)

in...@midi.org

Nov 20, 2014, 1:14:00 PM11/20/14
to open-music-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi all...

Most of you probably know the NAMM Show is where the musical instrument industry gathers to see the latest music-making products...

Unfortunately App developers like yourselves are rarely represented, which means attendees (including major manufacturers, technology companies, and press) don't get a complete picture of how music-making is evolving... and since most of you don't sell through instrument retailers, you probably can't even attend the show to see what's new that could inspire your next product or feature.

The MIDI Manufacturers Association (MMA) has made arrangements with the NAMM organization to address these problems:
  • First, any developer of music-making apps may obtain a Visitor Badge for the show through the MMA. The cost of the badge is $25 (payable to NAMM). To request a badge please visit www.midi.org/invite. (The invitations are subject to approval, but as long as you are making music products, there should be no problem.)
  • Second, the MMA is hosting a "MIDI Innovations" area at the show, where we have space for partners to demostrate products that use MIDI technology in innovative ways. For example, Ubisoft will be showing Rocksmith 2014 which uses a MIDI-controlled sample playback engine to provide "AI" backing tracks (that follow what you play). Each partner will be provided with a display kiosk (a 28" x 28" wide cube, 40" tall, designed for a computer display) and sign, and just needs to bring their own demo equipment. The cost to exhibit in our area is $1500 (plus $75 payable to NAMM for a directory listing and exhibitor badges). Anyone interested in this opportunity should email me (in...@midi.org) ASAP. (Yes, we know that even $1500 is a lot, but that's the best deal we could negotiate this year. We will keep working on getting the cost down for future shows.)
Please feel free to pass along this information to other developers...

Regards,

Tom White
MMA

nlogmusic (TempoRubato - NLogSynth)

Nov 21, 2014, 6:30:03 AM11/21/14
to open-music-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

big thank you!

This is a great opportunity for many of us. And even more, having MMA caring about mobil app makers is more than I would have expected.

Kudos!

Best
Rolf

Sebastian Dittmann