background audio issue

soh_la

Jan 7, 2013, 1:48:03 PM1/7/13
to open-music-app...@googlegroups.com
hi
i have been doing some testing with my new app bip with background audio and have run into an issue. sometimes with certain apps, my audio fades and when i return to the app, my rendering code stops being executed. with other apps, everything works as expected. my first thought was that an audio app that hasn't been setup to mix with others will "shut-down" other apps audio with my app receiving a session began interrupted notification. then when i return to my app, i should receive a session end interrupted notification. this does not happen.
i then tested with other apps and found different behaviour: eg. funkbox continues to run with any app. i've asked developers of these apps if perhaps i am missing something. i am also hoping someone here has come across this and could help out.
cheers steph

soh_la

Jan 14, 2013, 8:04:16 PM1/14/13
to open-music-app...@googlegroups.com
fixed. i wasn't re-setting kAudioSessionProperty_OverrideCategoryMixWithOthers flag when receiving an AudioRouteChange Notification.