Dynamic inputs to EMML

Kaushik

Dec 8, 2010, 9:16:50 AM12/8/10
to Open Mashup Alliance Interest Group
I've an EMML file which has a dynamicinvoke tag. Now I want to get the
inputs to that tag from user. User should provide the input in a web
form and upon submitting the form, he will see the executed output of
the EMML. I'm using EMML RI for the EMML execution. I can modify the
EMML file at the server side taking the user's submitted inputs. But I
think I need to restart the RI so as to execute the modified EMML
file. Is there anyway I could do it in the runtime i.e. without
restarting any server. Or please suggest me some other approach for my
problem statement.

Thanks,
Kaushik

Raj

Dec 9, 2010, 9:07:51 AM12/9/10
to open-mashu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Not sure I understand the approach for modifying EMML at runtime - for this use-case scenario. How about the following...
EMML <input/> tags can have values passed to them at runtime as REST parameters.

For example in rssfilter.emml, following mashup input is defined

<input name="jobDescription" type="string" default="Java"/> <!-- Filter parameter -->

At runtime, values to jobDescription can be provided as REST param i.e.,

curl "http://localhost:8090/emml/rssfilter?jobDescription=Spring"
curl "http://localhost:8090/emml/rssfilter?jobDescription=Hibernate"

So, the values from WebForm can be passed as REST params to Mashup.

hth,
raj

Kaushik

Dec 10, 2010, 9:22:39 AM12/10/10