npm repository update?

Efrem Rensi

Sep 21, 2020, 9:43:16 PM9/21/20
to Plus Codes Community Forum
Hi there everyone!  I have a question for whoever maintains the code repo, particularly the JavaScript implementation and npm availability.  I want to integrate plus codes into my app.  I currently use geohash so it should not be a complicated switch.

I noticed that the version available via npm is 1.0.3 and was published nearly five years ago, where the version on github is 1.0.4 and it has been there for over a year.   Are there any plans to update the npm repository to the latest version? If not, why?

I realize I can just download the code and add it to my project myself, but I prefer not to have external dependencies in my codebase.

Thanks!

Efrem