Wrong area in Plus codes coming up for Dublin

Magnetic impulse

Mar 7, 2020, 12:02:05 PM3/7/20
to Plus Codes Community Forum
The northside of Dublin is coming up as "Northside" in plus codes and not the correct suburbs. I have contacted google maps nearly every month over the past 2 years to fix the naming of places in Dublin. Im shocked they have the names of areas so incorrect in Dublin as their HQ for Google maps is there. They also have the wrong areas coming up on busstops. Please can somebody get the correct areas for Dublin?

Magnetic impulse

Mar 16, 2020, 5:21:00 PM3/16/20
to Plus Codes Community Forum
Any help with this? The plus codes still incorrectly contain "Northside" for anywhere in the North of Dublin. Northside should not be in the plus code or address. Also "County Dublin" should not be used for areas with a postal area in it. County Dublin refers to parts of Dublin outside of the M50. Im surprised Google maps get this wrong when their HQ is in Dublin. We use postal codes in Dublin which indicate the area.

For example the following plus code: 9PQ2+W6 Finglas, Northside, County Dublin

This code should have the Northside and County dropped and instead should be: "Finglas, Dublin 11"

Magnetic impulse

Apr 1, 2020, 6:28:53 PM4/1/20
to Plus Codes Community Forum
Any update on this? Please help as im not a software person and dont know how to fix my address. Ive been contacting Google maps for 3 years to edit and correct my address but it never gets corrected despite me requesting the edit to be made. Thanks

Doug Rinckes

Apr 2, 2020, 3:17:32 AM4/2/20
to Magnetic impulse, Plus Codes Community Forum
It's being worked on this quarter - there's quite a lot to do to enable it so I'm going to have to ask you to be patient. The main thing is that the codes work when you search for them, and we need to make sure that any changes we make don't break that or anything else, so we're being careful. The coronavirus situation isn't helping since pretty much all of Google is working from home which isn't making anything easier.

But yes, we're on it.

Ngā mihi,
Doug Rinckes
Technical Program Manager, Google Switzerland GmbH; 9G8F+6W Zürich

--
Public site: http://www.openlocationcode.com/
Github project: https://github.com/google/open-location-code

Magnetic impulse

May 19, 2020, 1:23:04 AM5/19/20
to Plus Codes Community Forum
Nothing has been done to fix this issue.ive raised this in google maps numerous times and its ignored. my address has now been incorrectly copied to every website when i enter my Eircode D11Y1E2!! it comes up that i live in "Northside". what are ye lads doing? this is an absolute joke. you have no right to incorrectly put in my personal address on every website possible. why does every other area in dublin have the correct suburb! i will take you to court if you dont fix this today.

Magnetic impulse

Jul 16, 2020, 5:02:01 AM7/16/20
to Plus Codes Community Forum