What is wrong with my level 5 plus code grid request?

Yanli Zhang

Jul 2, 2024, 6:17:37 PMJul 2
to Plus Codes Community Forum
Hi, Sir/Madam,

I am trying to download level 5 plus code grid for a small area and I tried many times, only level 3 grid was downloaded. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Thanks in advance. My link is

Yanli

Yanli Zhang

Jul 3, 2024, 5:02:50 PMJul 3
to Plus Codes Community Forum
I figured the problem out. The area I specified is still too big. However, I really hope plus code can allow people  to download big area grid. I have already published a peer reviewed article and a technical article:

Wen X., L. Yang, Y. Zhang, Q. Wang, J. Ye, 2024. The temporal and spatial analysis of forest carbon storage using Google Plus Code: a case study. Carbon balance and management. 19 (13), https://doi.org/10.1186/s13021-024-00258-0 (IF: 5.4)

Zhang Y., J. Stovall, D. Unger, I. Hung, D. Kulhavy, 2022, Plus Code: an Alphanumeric Code Geocoding Option for Professional Foresters, The Forestry Source, 27(2):1, 4.

What I mean is that plus code is a wonderful idea and it should be used more widely, not just position location.

Thanks.

Yanli