Re: [open-location-code] using PlusCodes for digital connectivity analysis in LATAM

Message has been deleted

Doug Rinckes

Jun 8, 2020, 3:37:01 AM6/8/20
to Enrique González, Plus Codes Community Forum
The grid level depends on the size of the bounding box. grid.plus.codes has instructions on how you can force the level, but it will only let you _reduce_ the level (otherwise it generates huge huge huge KML files).

Remember that it's just a lat/lng grid - if you want a level 4 grid you just need to draw lines every 0.000125 degrees.

Ngā mihi,
Doug Rinckes
Technical Program Manager, Google Switzerland GmbH; 9G8F+6W Zürich

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 at 19:54, Enrique González <cario....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all!

The digital connectivity analysis topic has been quite important in LATAM during the past years, however, because of the current situation of covid19, now the geographic analysis to identify digital covered areas is critical. I've been using geohash approach during a while but now that I learnt about plus-codes I found that it is exactly what I need.

I already know how to download a Manual KML requests but it is not clear for me How I can set the URL to request for a specific Level, in example Level=4

is it needed to add "level=4" as part of the URL?

thanks a lot!

cheers

Enrique

--