Garmin users?

Doug Rinckes

Jan 23, 2017, 3:32:38 AM1/23/17
to open-location-code EXTERNAL
Hi,

If you have a Garmin fitness device, like an Edge 520, Fenix 3 etc, I'm working on a Connect IQ data field that would display the code for the current location, like this:

​(The code is the second field from the top, and the bottom left. And yes, that's snow.)
If you have a suitable device, and think this is interesting, please reply - together maybe we can think of additional features to add?

Doug Rinckes, Technical Program Manager, Google Switzerland GmbH; 9G8F+5XM Zürich

Doug Rinckes

Feb 6, 2017, 11:07:01 AM2/6/17
to open-location-code EXTERNAL
Quick update - we've pushed a datafield app to the Garmin Connect IQ store, and it should load on any device that supports Connect IQ.

The app is open source and in the github site.

Doug Rinckes, Technical Program Manager, Google Switzerland GmbH; 9G8F+5XM Zürich

Aidy

Jul 30, 2022, 5:34:40 AM7/30/22
to Plus Codes Community Forum
FYI - I've hacked together a Connect IQ app to allow you to add saved locations to Garmin devices via plus codes - https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/f7321fc3-ca8f-46aa-b82a-f4bf6e5241b0