google sheets and 3 digits after +

philippe titivi

Jun 6, 2022, 11:33:52 AM6/6/22
to Plus Codes Community Forum
Hi all,
I want 3 digits after the "+" in a google sheet cell but without using the "add-on".

with: =PLUSCODE(myLat:mylng) I only get 2

Thanks :-)

Barry Hunter

Jun 6, 2022, 11:54:01 AM6/6/22
to philippe titivi, Plus Codes Community Forum
I found the help page for the add-on in the the Wayback Machine, as it seems to be offline, the page as https://plus.codes/spreadsheet-add-on redirects to a new homepage.

Seems the PLUSCODE function accepts (or did!) optional Length param...

  • =PLUSCODE(location_range, [length])

  • length is optional and sets the length of the code. If not specified, codes of length 10 will be returned. If it is specified it must be an even number less than 10, or any number between 10 and 16.
... so it seems should be able to do =PLUSCODE(myLat:mylng, 11)
As you want 3 after the + which is after 8.

--
Public site: http://www.openlocationcode.com/
Github project: https://github.com/google/open-location-code

philippe titivi

Jun 6, 2022, 12:43:33 PM6/6/22
to Plus Codes Community Forum
Thank you very much for this quick response @barryb...
I had tried 3 then 4... but hadn't thought of trying 11 !!!

If it doesn't work any better...  you gave me some courage ;)

The solution (found by trial and error) is:    =PLUSCODE(A22:B22;11)