OLA on raspberry pi4 Does not want to install

Olivier Demoustier

Nov 28, 2021, 1:09:10 PM11/28/21
to open-lighting
Anyone recently tried to install OLA on a PI 4?

Peter Newman

Nov 28, 2021, 1:11:20 PM11/28/21
to open-lighting
How are you trying to install? OLA is in Raspbian/Debian now, so you can just do:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ola
#Optional:
sudo apt-get install ola-python ola-rdm-tests

Olivier Demoustier

Nov 28, 2021, 2:28:36 PM11/28/21
to open-lighting
Thank you, I do not think that is mentioned on the website... What else do I need to do after " sudo apt-get install ola" DO I have to "make" it?

Olivier Demoustier

Nov 28, 2021, 2:42:10 PM11/28/21
to open-lighting
I already found it, just needed to start the OLAD and opening web brouwers to the local host. Thanks for helping me out here.

Peter Newman

Nov 28, 2021, 6:00:12 PM11/28/21
to open-lighting
Yeah we're unfortunately in a continual battle to keep our docs up to date Oliver.

As you've found, the deb packaged versions are ready to go, but will be a bit older than the bleeding edge you can get via make ing it yourself.

Michael Ryan

Nov 30, 2021, 7:14:06 PM11/30/21
to open-lighting
A wee trick I got caught on.... When using over 20 universes you need to adjust the IGMP settings.

Peter Newman

Dec 3, 2021, 10:13:08 PM12/3/21
to open-lighting
Hi Torican,

That is listed on our website:

Along with other settings on the same page you might need to follow depending on what devices/protocols you're using with OLA.