USB locked by PID 2336, failed to aquire lock

Felix N

Jun 26, 2023, 5:22:55 PM6/26/23
to open-lighting
Hello,

I now successfully installed ola but cannot start the deamon correctly via olad -l 3
I keep getting the error message:
plugins/usbpro/WidgetDetectorThread.cpp:215: Found potential USB Serial device at /dev/ttyUSB0
common/io/Serial.cpp:170: Device /dev/ttyUSB0 locked by PID 2336 and process exists, failed to acquire lock

Is that an issue with the plugin usbpro? How can i manage enable/disable plugins?

I want to control my Eurolite DMX512-Pro USB to DMX adapter via python.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Felix

Felix N

Jun 28, 2023, 7:05:18 AM6/28/23
to open-lighting
Followed these steps and now I can at least run the olad -l 3 without error messages.

parth sanepara

Jul 2, 2023, 3:00:13 AM7/2/23
to open-lighting
Hi all,

Same issue i found with my RPI3 and I have USB to RS485 converter(Model - 485USBTB-2W-LS) and connect with DMX input Port. I have custom DMX RGB light.
I have installed successfully olad version 0.10.9.
which file .conf i need to enable and disable. i have try enable  ola-ftdidmx.conf and disable  ola-usbserial.conf and  ola-opendmx.conf plugins

still same issue: Device /dev/ttyUSB0 locked by PID 1691 and process exists, failed to acquire lock.
is there any other settings required please let me know.

Thanks

Peter Newman

Jul 2, 2023, 4:35:13 AM7/2/23
to open-lighting
Both, can we have olad -l 4 logs:

And:
lsusb -v

And:
ps aux

Or (where 1234 is the PID is says is locking it):
ps aux | grep -i 1234