Multiple uDMX Devices in same machine?

Luis Ramos

Oct 27, 2023, 7:37:12 PM10/27/23
to open-lighting
Hey all,

I have two anyma usb dmx devices and would like to have them both in the same ola instance with different universes, but it seems that ola will only ever use one of the devices even though in lsusb there's two.

Is this possible to do in ola?

Thanks

Joni-Pekka Kurronen

Oct 28, 2023, 3:50:26 AM10/28/23
to open-l...@googlegroups.com
I guess IT should Be.
Have not ever done and i have plans to
do so.

First thing IS Make sure that device IS at Linux detected and given correct name.

Have you two devices at  /Dev/

At config you should have two devices as well,.... I guess..

Have not done My self but doing same soon so like to Be involed,.... I am not at My computer, when I am i give My configuration and what i think what IS worth of testing IF NO ONE WHO knows gives you solution.

Joni

--
The Open Lighting Project: open-l...@googlegroups.com, #openlighting (irc.freenode.org)

Jannis Achstetter

Oct 29, 2023, 3:56:46 AM10/29/23
to open-l...@googlegroups.com
Do your two uDMX devices have a serial number and are they distinct?
I remember that some clones of uDNX might all have the same serial number.

BR, Jannis

Am 27.10.23 um 18:12 schrieb Luis Ramos:
> --
> The Open Lighting Project: open-l...@googlegroups.com, #openlighting
> (irc.freenode.org)
> Groups "open-lighting" group.
> an email to open-lightin...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:open-lightin...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/open-lighting/9a3a8e8d-d6f6-4297-a66d-7994416130a6n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/open-lighting/9a3a8e8d-d6f6-4297-a66d-7994416130a6n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Peter Newman

Nov 15, 2023, 5:45:22 PM11/15/23
to open-lighting
I think it may be similar to what Jannis mentioned. See here in the code:

Please can you share olad -l 4 logs:

As well as lsusb -v output when both devices are plugged in.

All of which would help to confirm it.