OLA on RPi 4

Ivan Kevin

Jul 12, 2021, 8:35:19 AM7/12/21
to open-lighting
I'm doing since couples days some tests on OLA just to familiarize myselft with OLA. I connect to my Rpi an ARTNet source and manage the received signal with a C++ Program. Still now the program is not already working normally (I'm not totally satisfied) but 3 SD Card have been already damaged. I can't write any system on it any more. I'm looking now for the causes of that.
 It might be the result of something else (like a wrong manipulation) but I want your point of view on the question. Does any one here use permanently his OLA on RPi and didn't encounter such a problem?
Thanky guys

Peter Newman

Jul 12, 2021, 6:58:46 PM7/12/21
to open-lighting
Hi Ivan,

Yeah I've got OLA running quite happily on a Pi for a few years without crashing it.

Back in the early days of Pis, I had issues with them corrupting SD cards when they crashed (I was trying to get some DMX kernel modules working), but I don't think they broke any irretrievably. Is yours rebooting itself a lot or what? Is the power supply good?