No web interface on FreeBSD

Gard Gitlestad

Jan 12, 2022, 10:42:37 AM1/12/22
to open-lighting
Hi all,

I'd like to run OLA in an iocage jail on my TrueNAS (FreeBSD) server, so I've set up a jail with a dedicated IP, cloned OLA from Github and installed. It seems to work, but I can't access the web interface, I just get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

I ran sockstat on the jail and it turns out that port 9090 isn't bound, which makes me suspect the http server isn't running at all. The ports bound by OLA are: 127.0.0.1:9010, *:6454, *:2501, *:3333, *:37895, *:37900 *:3792.

Do I need to do anything specific to enable the web interface?

For what it's worth, if I use nmap to check the above mentioned ports from the outside, they appear closed. I suspect that might be a TrueNAS/iocage issue (this is my first attempt at making a jail without any instructions to follow), so I think I'm dealing with a couple of different factors here …

Peter Newman

Jan 12, 2022, 10:43:57 AM1/12/22
to open-lighting
Can you share the output of olad -l 4:

But I suspect libmicrohttpd was missing or not found when you configured and built OLA.

Gard Gitlestad

Jan 12, 2022, 4:27:17 PM1/12/22
to open-lighting
That was it! I installed libmicrohttpd, then configured and built again, and now the web interface opens with no further ado. Thanks a lot!

Peter Newman

Jan 12, 2022, 8:03:10 PM1/12/22
to open-lighting
Excellent, glad that sorted it!