ENTECC Open dmx Usb doesn't show up

David van Rooijen

May 19, 2024, 3:57:19 AMMay 19
to open-lighting
hi guys,
i recently started looking into ola and i got everything working exept my usb dongle thats needs to be the output, yesterday it finaly showed up but when I rebooted my minipc it was gone. the hotplugagent does detect the dongle but it doesn't show up in the Ola interface. can someone please help me? ask whatever you need(logs, files etc)
Greetings,
David van Rooijen

E.S. Rosenberg

May 19, 2024, 5:09:42 AMMay 19
to open-l...@googlegroups.com
Hey David,

As far as I recall the ENTTEC OpenDMX device can be claimed by a few different drivers and thus you need to make sure that only the correct driver is enabled.
EIther way you can run olad with a more verbose loglevel to try and see what is happening and if that doesn't help you maybe also post that output here.

HTH,
Eli

Op zo 19 mei 2024 om 10:57 schreef David van Rooijen <davidva...@gmail.com>:
--
The Open Lighting Project: open-l...@googlegroups.com, #openlighting (irc.freenode.org)

David van Rooijen

May 19, 2024, 7:35:55 AMMay 19
to open-lighting
hi Eli,
The time that it showed up i was using the ftdi method, i tried a complete new install and started from scratch and followed the documentation but it still doesn't show up.
If you can tell me where i can find the full logs then i can send them.
greeting,
david

David van Rooijen

May 19, 2024, 7:35:56 AMMay 19
to open-lighting
and it suddenly works, changed nothing but it works, weird.