View available E1.31 universes

Griffin Yundt

Aug 7, 2023, 5:47:02 PM8/7/23
to open-lighting
Hey all,

Is it possible to use OLA to view all available E1.31 universes that have sources which are sending out active data that is being received by the OLA device?

Thank you!

Peter Newman

Aug 19, 2023, 7:35:08 AM8/19/23
to open-lighting
I think the short answer is not currently Griffin. Assuming you mean a source with a universe which OLA isn't receiving?

There's a sort of related request here:

There are also E1.31 discovery packets which we support (currently via the draft_discovery option http://docs.openlighting.org/ola/conf/ola-e131.conf.html ). Which will show up via the discovery option of ola-e131:
http://docs.openlighting.org/ola/man/man1/ola_e131.1.html

We still need to make the (hopefully minor) updates to make our discovery compliant with the standardised spec (and then probably do some testing).

Then there's also the other half of that issue which is how to present that info in places other than the command line tools.