sigrok based DMX/RDM Sniffer

Peter Newman

Mar 9, 2021, 7:37:17 PM3/9/21
to open-lighting
Hi all,

I thought I'd make a post for a change, rather than answering them!

This is still somewhat work in progress, but it works for me, so I thought I'd share it and see if anyone else can get it to work or break it:
https://github.com/OpenLightingProject/ola/pull/1718

It's really targeted at anyone who's used sigrok or has a sigrok compatible logic analyser/scope ( https://sigrok.org/wiki/Supported_hardware#Logic_analyzers ). If you want to give my code a go, I'd suggest starting with sigrok-cli or PulseView and see if you can see some waggling values there, then in theory it should just work anywhere (probably Windows and OS X too), although I've only tried two releases on Linux so far.

Sigrok offer various packages for operating systems, including nightly builds:
https://sigrok.org/wiki/Downloads

I've just made some fairly minor code changes to feed in samples from sigrok to the code Simon previously wrote for the Saleae API and hence it now supports a far broader range of devices.

Most of the stuff here still applies, aside from different program name:

Please reply if you give it a go letting me know how you get on.

There's still a bit of tidying up and reorganisation to do on the PR, but its functional in it's current state!

Peter N