how to manually copy Universes between computers

Peter Irbizon

Jul 21, 2023, 6:57:12 PM7/21/23
to open-lighting
I have OLA on Raspberry Pi4.
I would like to manually copy specific universe from one Raspberry Pi to another.
i tried to copy /etc/ola/ola-port.conf and ola-universe.conf, but it does not shows me universe on second Rpi web interface in OLA.

Please I do not want to click it on second Pi, I want to copy specific files manually. But I have no idea, which files to copy.
Thanks

Peter Newman

Jul 21, 2023, 8:00:36 PM7/21/23
to open-lighting
Do you mean literally make the config on a second Pi the same?

If you basically copy all the .conf files (possible apart from ola-server.conf) then they'll have match port and universe config.

Also bear this in mind about stopping OLA first before overwriting the files:

Peter Irbizon

Jul 22, 2023, 3:16:34 AM7/22/23
to open-lighting
I tried copy files, but it did not work - no universe shown.

Dátum: sobota 22. júla 2023, čas: 2:00:36 UTC+2, odosielateľ: Peter Newman

Peter Newman

Jul 22, 2023, 11:07:20 AM7/22/23
to open-lighting
Did you stop OLA on both machines first Peter?

If so can you share the olad -l 4 logs from the target machine:

Can you confirm the files you copied actually have the universes you want in them?