OLA 0.10.3 Released

Peter Newman

Dec 11, 2016, 6:27:00 PM12/11/16
to open-lighting, open-lighti...@googlegroups.com, open-l...@googlegroups.com, rdm-t...@googlegroups.com
06/12/2016 ola-0.10.3
 Features:
 * Add a message explaining why the auto start test may fail

 Bugs:
 * Work around a clang warning in our protobuf generator code
 * Force gnu++98 mode if compiler supports 98 and 11 modes so we keep
   std::auto_ptr #1028 Debian #831103
 * JsonPatchParser.h tries to include a project header file; move the
   OptionalItem header to includes to resolve #1086
 * Reset the client socket once we've closed it, so it can be re-used
 * Silence a warning in the code so it builds with Protobuf 3 #1110 Debian
   #835433
 * Work around <ernno.h> include failure on MIPS Debian #836383
 * Update GPIO and SPI pin limits for CHIP as its pin numbers are higher #1095
 * Clarify some details in ola_set_dmx and ola_streaming_client help #1109
   Debian #830972
 * Fix a logging error regarding USB product name detection

 Internal:
 * Add more debugging of opening and acquiring locks

Available from:

Peter Newman

Dec 18, 2016, 5:39:10 PM12/18/16
to open-lighting, open-lighti...@googlegroups.com, rdm-t...@googlegroups.com
Macports upgrade ticket is in:

Peter Newman

Jan 10, 2017, 11:39:35 PM1/10/17
to open-lighting, open-lighti...@googlegroups.com, rdm-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mihai,

We don't currently have updated deb packages for the Pi. How did you install it initially, from one of our images? Git or Deb?

The easiest method is probably to switch to the git if you used the deb image, then just update it and rebuild.

Alternatively there are build instructions here:
https://www.openlighting.org/ola/linuxinstall/

On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 04:05:06 UTC, Mihai Andrei wrote:
Use with great success OLA 0.9.5 as a node from a usb artnet on a raspberry pi2b
I would like to upgrade to the latest version as I do
thank you

Peter Newman

Jan 11, 2017, 12:22:30 AM1/11/17
to open-lighting, open-lighti...@googlegroups.com, rdm-t...@googlegroups.com
If you switch to http://dl.openlighting.org/raspbian-git-23082014.zip you can just do a git pull, and then recompile following the instruction here:
https://www.openlighting.org/ola/tutorials/ola-on-raspberry-pi/#Git_Repo

On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 04:46:04 UTC, Mihai Andrei wrote:
im user OLA image : raspbian-ola-0.9.5.zip