Meeting with Volunteer Ireland

Gareth

Jan 24, 2013, 3:02:05 PM1/24/13
to open-learn...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,
Great news, our list of proposed workshops is growing by the minute. Check out the latest list of confirmed workshops at our website here

A much fuller list of all proposed workshops is in the google docs. If you've got a workshop to add, no need to go through me. Just put it in the 'Open Learning Ireland - Schedule, Resource list, Member list' doc, in the 'Members' tab. We can sort our scheduling later, right now its imperative we have phone numbers and emails for all proposed workshop folks.

Garda Vetting - If you haven't sent me a Garda Vetting Form, can you please print scan and return this ASAP
Alternately, scan your signature, and append it to the form along with your info.
NB - the form is useless unless you include all residences from birth to present, and fill in all fields.

I'm meeting with North Dublin Volunteer Centre folks tomorrow, for an informal chat about our volunteer requirements. Right now I'm thinking we need
- general event volunteers, PR person, volunteer organiser, audience registration person, audio and video recording staff and lighting / sound / tech people.
Anything I'm leaving out?

Next meeting Monday @ 7PM in Library Bar as usual! See you then :)

G.

Emily Gallagher

Jan 24, 2013, 6:44:04 PM1/24/13
to open-learn...@googlegroups.com

Hi Gareth

Did you receive my proposal aapplication  to do 'Aerobics Antics' Workshops? I could do one a day. I just need a 1 hour time slot to run each session.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Emily : )

Gareth Stack

Jan 25, 2013, 6:39:42 AM1/25/13
to open-learn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emily,
Didn't get that. Which isn't good as it means that something is broken. Can you tell me how you sent it?

RE: Your workshop, that sounds fantastic! We can definitely set that up. Do you need gym mats? We don't have any right now, but I'm trying to get some for the event.

Cheers,
Gareth

Emily Gallagher

Jan 25, 2013, 7:38:40 AM1/25/13
to open-learn...@googlegroups.com

This is the info I sent in the application description, when I followed your link. I'm glad you are interested. I need no props, just a plug socket for my stereo, and space to dance. iuse The Exchange main space  currently, so that should give you an idea of what I need.

A friend of mine also may be interested in teaching martial Arts workshops. Would you be interested in booking that in also?

I look forwardto hearing from you,

Emily: )

INFO:

‘Aerobics Antics’ For Beginners

Description:Low intensity cardio exercise workout using traditional aerobics moves, in a clear instruction and step by step fashion. Uses beats and musical phrases in its design. Suitable for complete beginners.

Gareth Stack

Jan 25, 2013, 7:53:34 AM1/25/13
to open-learn...@googlegroups.com
Emily,
That sounds great, yeah please pass on your friends details to me or vice versa.

Cheers,
Gareth