The Learning Labs Pop-Up at NYSCI

Roisin Markham

Feb 18, 2013, 5:03:09 PM2/18/13
to open-learn...@googlegroups.com
Know your very busy preparing for the next event but thought you would all enjoy this insight from Chris Lawrence & his write up of the NYSCI Learning Lab Pop-Up
Regards
Roisin

Gareth Stack

Feb 19, 2013, 8:47:44 AM2/19/13
to open-learn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Roisin! That event looks fantastic. I particularly like the multigenerational and hands on aspects. We've just announced that we'll be running an open hacklab Monday-Friday as part of the Open Learning event, and there's also a really interesting event happening the weekend of the 2nd - 3rd in DCU - called Science Hack Day Dublin - http://sciencehackdaydublin.com/

G.

Roisin

Roisin Markham

Feb 19, 2013, 10:19:36 AM2/19/13
to open-learn...@googlegroups.com

Cheers Gareth

I was hoping to volunteer a workshop for your up and coming event but can’t swing it. I’m aware of DCU SHD. Think it be great to do something.

I’ve been working with our local library in Gorey

Roisin Markham

Feb 19, 2013, 10:31:05 AM2/19/13
to open-learn...@googlegroups.com

Sorry just to finish that – I’ve been working with the local library in Gorey, Co. Wexford @ open learning initiatives and I am currently developing school & family workshops that has the potential to scale into a larger community engagement project. We’re planning a Bealtaine Silver Dojo event – intergenerational event with local Coder Dojo, which I’ve been championing locally.

I’ve also tested the multi-purpose space idea during my art exhibitions at the Wexford Fringe Festival, partnering with Wexford County Enterprise Board and running brown bag lunchtime sessions [bite size learning].

But it has taken a long time to get some of the progressive ideas into scheduling & funding.

Hoping to be able to get involved with the groups on going work at some point.

R.

Mar 6, 2013, 7:30:12 AM3/6/13
to open-learn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roisin,
Just touching base to thank you for your help promoting our learning festival last week. Would you like to do a guest post on our site to promote your dojo event and other schemes you're working on?

Cheers,
Gareth

Roisin Markham

Mar 7, 2013, 1:32:54 AM3/7/13
to open-learn...@googlegroups.com

Gareth

Helping you promote your events is the least I could do.

Thanks for the offer of a guest post – it might be a good idea – how does that happen?

I’m away for the rest of the week working in London and have a project kicking off with the Gorey public library & schools next week.

Let me know.

Regards

Roisin

Gareth Stack

Mar 12, 2013, 5:26:26 AM3/12/13
to open-learn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roisin,
Just send me whatever text and images you'd like and I'll throw them up! Or if you'd like to do ongoing stuff I can make you an account on the site.

Congrats on your projects!

Cheers,
Gareth