iscsid: no registered transports found

lisa...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2005, 6:42:38 PM11/2/05
to open-iscsi
Hi All,

I'm trying to get iSCSI to work in an alpha simulation infrastructure.
I have been able to successfully compile r434 (as well as r408) against
linux 2.6.13, but when I run the simulation and start the iscsid on the
initiator, i get this error:

iscsid: no registered tranpsports found!
iscsid: failed to get transport list, exiting...
711

Note that I am NOT using the 8/5/2004 patch on the website against
2.6.13 - I HAD been using that patch, but ran into the error described
in this post "read error (0), demon died? error - again", which seemed
to say that i shouldn't use that patch and should just use the SVN.

My search of the archives indicated that this transport problem only
occurred with a different iSCSI setup than mine, and was fixed in the
latest SVN so I'm unsure of what my problem is.

Thanks,
Lisa

lisa...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2005, 6:59:32 PM11/2/05
to open-iscsi
I just realized I hadn't looked far enough up in my errors to see the
originating problem. The modules that I built are not loading.

insmod: error inserting '/modules/iscsi_transport_iscsi.ko': -1 File
exists
iscsi_tcp: Unknown symbol iscsi_register_transport
iscsi_tcp: Unknown symbol iscsi_conn_error
iscsi_tcp: Unknown symbol iscsi_recv_pdu
iscsi_tcp: Unknown symbol iscsi_unregister_transport
insmod: error inserting '/modules/iscsi_tcp.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in
module

As far as I could tell from this list, that 8/5/2005 patchset should
have solved the modules being unable to insert, but that patchset
caused my sendmsg problem. however, without that patchset, i can't
insert the modules. It seems I'm in between a rock and a hard
place...anyone have a pointer?

Thank you!
Lisa

Wang Zhenyu

Nov 2, 2005, 8:33:27 PM11/2/05
to open-...@googlegroups.com
On 2005.11.02 23:59:32 +0000, lisa...@gmail.com wrote:

> I just realized I hadn't looked far enough up in my errors to see the
> originating problem. The modules that I built are not loading.
>
> insmod: error inserting '/modules/iscsi_transport_iscsi.ko': -1 File
> exists

open-iscsi has two kernel modules: scsi_transport_iscsi.ko, iscsi_tcp.ko
in your kernel dir of svn version.

Lisa Hsu

Nov 2, 2005, 10:26:52 PM11/2/05
to open-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can see in my error above that neither loaded, even though I compiled both of them.