Using meson to build open-iscsi/iscsiuio

The Lee-Man

Aug 30, 2022, 7:51:44 PM8/30/22
to open-iscsi

Hi All:

I am planning on converting open-iscsi to use meson for building instead of 'make'. This would convert iscsiuio as well, which currently uses autoconf/autotools.

It looks like the resulting systems is functionally equivalent (i.e. it builds the same stuff), and it's faster and a bit smaller. And easier to understand and use!

I have the changes in a branch of open-iscsi: 'use-meson-v1', i.e.:

I would really appreciate other eyes looking at this and trying it out.

Anyone interested? If so, let me know.

The README isn't updated yet (in this branch) to explain how to build things, so let me know if you want the secret sauce.  It's something like (from the top level):

sh$ rm -rf builddir
sh$ meson buildir
sh$ ninja --verbose -C builddir

to build, and