FCoE target with LIO

Gabor Opanszki

Sep 5, 2022, 5:51:23 AM9/5/22
to open-iscsi
Hi dear Members.

I want to create a 10G FCoE target with LIO software, the topology is simple.
I would like to export Luns over fcoe target.

The fabric will be FCoE.
Luns are local block devices attached throught SAS raid controller.
Could someone share any of deploymant guides to this scenario?

I tried deploy this environment to my lab. i used HP server with Intel x520 DA2 converged hba adapter, with no success.

i found old discussions about target_core, tcm_fc, rtslib.  None of them helped to me.

i will be happy if i could get deployment guide or help from anyone.
Thanks,

The Lee-Man

Sep 13, 2022, 11:38:07 AM9/13/22
to open-iscsi
You should perhaps try the target-devel@vger mailing list? This list is about the initiator and (mostly) iSCSI.

I don't _believe_ that LIO handles FCoE, but I may be wrong. Good luck.