Shouldn't firmware nodes be marked as "onboot", for consistency?

The Lee-Man

May 10, 2021, 7:46:40 PM5/10/21
to open-iscsi

Hi All:

I'm working on getting iBFT (firmware) booting working well using open-iscsi with dual paths and DM/multipathing, and I noticed something.

When you run "iscsiadm -m discovery -t fw", it creates node database entries for your firmware targets. But it sets "node.startup", and "node.conn[0].startup" to "manual" instead of "onboot", even though open-iscsi treats these entries like "onboot", since they are based on firmware.

I find it a little more consistent if they are marked as "onboot". A simple path in iscsiadm would change this. Any objections?

Lee Duncan

May 10, 2021, 7:52:58 PM5/10/21
to open-...@googlegroups.com
On May 10, 2021, at 4:46 PM, The Lee-Man <leeman...@gmail.com> wrote: