Hi help me please

go xayyasang

Dec 16, 2020, 3:29:20 PM12/16/20
to open-iscsi
[root@target ~]# iscsiadm -m node -o show
iscsiadm: No records found

Ulrich Windl

Dec 17, 2020, 2:20:01 AM12/17/20
to open-iscsi
>>> go xayyasang <goxay...@gmail.com> schrieb am 06.12.2020 um 15:38 in
Nachricht <dd922e70-a4b0-4d61...@googlegroups.com>:
> [root@target ~]# iscsiadm -m node -o show
> iscsiadm: No records found

Hi!

Obviously something is not as you expect. Without knowing details, nobody can help you.
Please take the time to explain what you did and what you do expect. Details, please!

Regards,
Ulrich

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/open-iscsi/dd922e70-a4b0-4d61-aed1-ef8eca28
> 7926n%40googlegroups.com.

The Lee-Man

Dec 17, 2020, 1:46:24 PM12/17/20
to open-iscsi
As Ulrich replied, there's not much we can do with the data you provided.

On Wednesday, December 16, 2020 at 12:29:20 PM UTC-8 go xayyasang wrote:
[root@target ~]# iscsiadm -m node -o show
iscsiadm: No records found

That's normal if you have no records in your database. If you want records in your database, you have to perform discovery.

Please browse the README file that comes with open-iscsi. We don't have a general open-iscsi HowTo tutorial, but search the internet (as I just did), and you'll find several.

Next time, supply: OS and version used, open-iscsi version number, what you are trying to do, and all steps leading up to your error, so that we can reproduce your error if needed.

Donald Williams

Dec 18, 2020, 10:31:42 AM12/18/20
to open-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

 You didn't say what iSCSI target you are using.  This PDF below  covers how to use open-iSCSI with RHEL v6.x / 7.x with Dell PS Series SANs.  The open-iSCSI part is basically the same for all iSCSI.  With one major exception.  Dell PS Series iSCSI SANs have all the IPs for iSCSI in the same IP subnet.  Which requires some custom configuration settings in open-iSCSI to make MPIO work in Linux.  If your iSCSI SAN uses two different IP subnets you can skip the section on setting egress ports.

Regards,
Don