e-Health Sensor Platform

Kumar Rishav

Mar 9, 2016, 11:44:50 AM3/9/16
to FxOS Medical Platform Program
Hi Kevin,

While reading about OpenHab[1] (which is more like similar to foxlink), i came across e-Health Sensor Platform [2]. e-Health Sensor Platform is compatible with R-Pi as well as Aurdino etc. Currently Shimmer (Open mHealth) provides APIs for the 7-8 devices like Fitbit, Google Fit etc which users can purchase from market. Apart from what shimmer provides, i guess we can make use e-Health Sensor Platform in building POC for London work week. This video[3] gives a demo of it.

Hope it will help in someway.

Thanks

Kevin Hu

Mar 10, 2016, 2:42:25 AM3/10/16
to Kumar Rishav, FxOS Medical Platform Program
Thanks for the sharing, Kumar.

Is OpenHab using Shimmer as well? Looks like the major goal for this OpenHab is to integrate with as more medical devices as possible, and it focuses on the integration. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
Kevin Hu

Kumar Rishav

Mar 10, 2016, 6:36:59 AM3/10/16
to Kevin Hu, FxOS Medical Platform Program

Yeah, Major goal of openhab is integration such as hardware/software integration, iot etc. Sorry, but I didn't find much integration (in medical devices).
I guess, it's because of permission issue. We cannot make changes in medical devices and bring it into use without permission of higher authority of medical organisation.

(Also in that link [1], I found this : IMPORTANT: The e-Health Sensor Platform has been designed by Cooking Hacks (the open hardware division of Libelium) in order to help researchers, developers and artists to measure biometric sensor data for experimentation, fun and test purposes. Cooking Hacks provides a cheap and open alternative compared with the proprietary and price prohibitive medical market solutions. However, as the platform does not have medical certifications it can not be used to monitor critical patients who need accurate medical monitoring or those whose conditions must be accurately measured for an ulterior professional diagnosis.)

Shimmer provide best option for wearables, but other than wearables openhab can be the helpful for building POC and in future it may get permission for its implementation.

In list of supported technology, openhab has integration with lots of hardware as well software.
I guess, some of them can be useful to us.

[1] https://www.cooking-hacks.com/documentation/tutorials/ehealth-biometric-sensor-platform-arduino-raspberry-pi-medical

Thanks