Data sources for this system

Kevin Hu

Feb 1, 2016, 2:20:48 AM2/1/16
to fxos-medical-platform
Hi, everyone,

Earlier today, some of us met face to face and talked about the data sources for this project. I put some notes in our meeting minutes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TQRfJYBNp8qO8oLx5gsah2Fy4dlapBXWXur2KzxXa84/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

Let me summarize here and explore your feedback. We concluded that, there are 3 different data sources for this system:
  1. Raw data from 3rd party medical devices.
  2. Medical records, prescription, and diagnosis from doctors and hospitals.
  3. Other data from the internet to provide more suggestions. For example, geolocation data to get information about weather, air quality and more.
[ Raw data from medical devices ]

For the 1st one, we can utilize the power of Shimmer from mHealth to get mature interface of data transfer, and expand the use of it, to cover more different devices.

[ Diagnosis from doctors ]

For the 2nd item, it might be difficult because lots of hospitals already have existed system, and we are still trying to think a good way to provide a better solution to doctors without increasing too much additional efforts to them. May need to do some user research on this.

[ Other information from internet ]

For the 3rd one, it is much easier. For the 1st stage, maybe we can use predefined address or location to retrieve required information online. Later on, once we have a physical device for hub, we can do further feasibility study to make it work in an automatic way.

Suggestions and comments are welcome. Thank you.

Cheers,
Kevin Hu