Update on Running Shimmer and retrieve data [Fitbit and Google Fit]

Kumar Rishav

Mar 14, 2016, 8:33:11 PM3/14/16
to FxOS Medical Platform Program
Hi Steve & all,

I was able to figure out the issue and hence solved now. Now i am able to retrieve data from Fitbit as well as Google Fit .  cheers :) .

Thanks Steve for pointing out to shimmer issues. Comments on Issue-37 & Issue-38 was helpful.
Soon i will write a detail blog describing each step (from setting up docker to shimmer)  which will be helpful in testing shimmer & also issues i faced while setting it up.

I have attached some screenshot of working shimmer :)

Fitbit screenshot

Google Fit Screenshot

Note: There was some issue with Oauth2.0 in Google Fit because of this error : Google wants the redirect URI to use a domain name with a real TLD. The Developer Console shows the following error when setting a redirect URI with an IP address. "Invalid Redirect:http://192.168.99.100:8083 must end with a public top-level domain (such as .com or .org)"

So, in /etc/hosts you have make mapping of hostname to your machine IP address, somethings  like this - 192.168.99.100  fakedomain.com and same changes in docker-compose-build.yml & docker-compose.yml.

Thanks