Brainstorming discussion for London demo today

Kevin Hu

Jan 26, 2016, 5:24:14 AM1/26/16
to fxos-medical-platform
Hi, everyone,

Some of us(Greg, Wesly, Rachelle, Morpheus, Mark, Steve, and me) had intensive and productive discussion today. We are very happy to share our deliverables to all of you here.

First, we quickly share some status with everyone in the meeting, and then, we can to identify what we would like to focus in the 1st stage and demo in London this June. Our process is:
  • To enumerate our pain points.
  • To prioritize user values for each item above.
  • To consolidate pain points into fewer items.
  • To come out solutions based on above items.
  • To do engineering feasibility estimation.
  • To identify most valuable items for London demo.
We tried to execute the above actions into 3 aspects:
  • Prevention.
  • Diagnosis.
  • Rehabilitation.
We somehow, combined the 2nd and 3rd one when discussing. We finished the 1st step and 2nd step, and come out some items displayed in attached files. You can see detailed meeting minutes in the following document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TQRfJYBNp8qO8oLx5gsah2Fy4dlapBXWXur2KzxXa84/edit#

Next, Mark, Wesly and Morpheus will consolidate these items(step 3). Then, we will try to have step 4 and 5 next week. With step 1 to 5, we may be able to prioritize items and select the most valuable items to do PoC demo in London.

Meanwhile, we still need more and continuous discussions for further, and long term goals in this project, and it needs everyone's help. Please feel free to provide your thoughts and suggestions.

Thank you.

Inline image 2Inline image 1

Cheers,
Kevin Hu

Kumar Rishav

Jan 26, 2016, 6:06:45 AM1/26/16
to FxOS Medical Platform Program
Hi Kevin,
I went through meeting notes and it looks great as lots of our goals/plans got clear.
As we are currently trying to figure out internet hub, data center, who is gonna store data and how it is gonna work. How about work on the bugs in parallel, which is independent of these factors, like bugs related to networking. Bugs and various apps related to Networking can be deploy anytime irrespective of what mechanism we are going to opt for hub/datacenter (considering minor dependency) . IMO , networking is one of the important area of any application/area or product. Also, it will help in having better demo at LONDON Workweek.

It's just a suggestion. What do you think?

Thanks

sspillai

Jan 26, 2016, 6:22:46 AM1/26/16
to Kevin Hu, fxos-medical-platform
Hi Kevin and all,

Thanks for the updates and wish to bring the following points to your attention:

  1. Security issue: I am wondering whether the device will be accessible both online and offline mode. Since the security issue might   arise if the data will be hosted on the data centre
  2. Will be device/platform be available for offline usage (like a local datacentre/stand alone station) - this may apply for private doctors and small clinics
  3.  I was also thinking about how the device could be a security device for user (patient) in emergency situation like a  fire break out at home and GPS enhanced for locating/tracking the patient by doctor on appointment or by family when patient has lost their way or in any other difficulties.

Thanks for giving a thought.

Best,

ganesh

Kevin Hu

Mar 15, 2016, 3:11:19 AM3/15/16
to gan spillai, Dr Tan Jit Seng, fxos-medical-platform, Morpheus Chen, Mark Liang, Wesly Huang, Rachelle Yang, Greg Weng, steve chung, Ma, Natasha
Hi, all,

Today, I put the proposed points raised by Ganesh into our program Wiki:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Eir#Data_sources
Thanks for Ganesh's help to provide such information.

This thread would be a good start for us to explore the vital signs and important factors that we are looking for. We may need to have more user research and/or user survey on this topic. May I know who would like to lead such research in local countries? Also, Jit-Seng, since you are an elder-care doctor in this mailing list, do you have any comments regarding to the 7 vital signs mentioned in the previous mail?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Kevin Hu

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Kevin Hu <k...@mozilla.com> wrote:
+ more recipients.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 4:24 AM, sspillai <ganes...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have started exploring and collect information from doctors here regarding remote patient monitoring. I wish to share the following with you:

The following are vital signs that are required to determine the health condition of a patient:

VITAL SIGNS
  1. Blood Pressure
  2. Pulse
  3. Temperature
  4. Respiratory Rate
  5. Oxygen Saturation
  6. Cardiac rhythm
  7. Blood Sugar level

These could be I shall contact more doctors specially those who have been dealing in care for the elderly to gather more information and added to this list to enable us to brainstorm.

Best,

ganesh

On 29 January 2016 at 13:30, Kevin Hu <k...@mozilla.com> wrote:
Hi, Ganesh,

Awesome!

Thank you for your help. If you don't mind, could you help to talk with these doctors and explore their needs and concerns if there has such a system that can shorten their distance between them and patients and allows them to make timely diagnosis remotely? That should be something we really need next, just like user research.

Morpheus and Mark are working on user research as well. Maybe they can provide much better idea about what we would like to collect from them.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Kevin Hu

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 2:41 PM, sspillai <ganes...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Kevin,

Hope you are doing fine.

Yesterday's meeting was really interesting specially the security element of the project brought forward by Paul (if I am not mistaken,  as I miss the beginning). I also wish to say that I am regularly in touch with doctors here and should there be any data collection exercises, I shall be glad to do it. If there is a tool for this purpose, please let me know.  I shall also get in touch with a colleague doctor who was involved with care of the elderly programme to find out about how medical device can help.

Best,

ganesh

Tan Jit Seng

Mar 15, 2016, 3:22:59 AM3/15/16
to Kevin Hu, gan spillai, fxos-medical-platform, Morpheus Chen, Mark Liang, Wesly Huang, Rachelle Yang, Greg Weng, steve chung, Ma, Natasha

Dear Kevin and all,

With all these monitoring, you can already run an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) or a High Dependency ward. As of now, most of my patient can do all these recording at home apart from cardiac rhythm using: BP set, pulse oximeter, thermometer, blood glucometer and manual calculation of raise and fall of the chest for respiratiory rate (unless that is we use the Isreali’s http://www.earlysense.com/ Early sense for continual respirtory and heart rate sensing)

1.    Blood Pressure

2.    Pulse

3.    Temperature

4.    Respiratory Rate

5.    Oxygen Saturation

6.    Cardiac Rhythm

7.    Blood Sugar Level

I can get one of my collaborators doing a smart all in one device for measuring vitals if you need.

Regards,

Dr Tan Jit Seng
Director / Senior Home Care Physician
Lotus Eldercare Health Services
Lotus Eldercare Private Limited

Tan Jit Seng

Mar 15, 2016, 3:32:58 AM3/15/16
to Kevin Hu, gan spillai, fxos-medical-platform, Morpheus Chen, Mark Liang, Wesly Huang, Rachelle Yang, Greg Weng, steve chung, Ma, Natasha

Oh yes, since I am already doing remote monitoring here in Singapore, I was just asked by my IT collaborators just this noon on how to use the data. In this BIG DATA world today, all these are valuable data we can harvest and develop now medical management programs and monitoring new medications etc. There is a lot of examples on using all these big data in future.

But as of now, with my remote monitoring services, I can already achieve these few targets:

1.       On single elderly: We can monitoring them remotely and have early warning about any issues like falls or even deaths at home when they suddenly do not do their routine BP checks for example

2.       On transitional care: We can closely monitor patient post discharge and do early interventions at home to prevent re admissions.

3.       We can remotely monitor patients and if all is well, save patient a trip to see doctor for chronic cases and can use the monitoring data evidences of stable disese control to do remote telehealth and e presciptions, hence saving clinic trips etc

4.       We can monitor the effectiveness of the new medication started or the side effects of the new medication started or stopped.

5.       We can infer medication compliance from the monitoring compliance perhaps (No evidence but a great deal of research potential and possibilities.)

I should be available for tomorrow’s web meeting. Do let me know if you need me to attend.