Future of IoMET (Previously know as Eir)

Kumar Rishav

May 3, 2016, 2:20:28 PM5/3/16
to Open IoMeT
Hi Kevin and all,
Is there any update on this? I was wondering where we exactly heading, as i didn't see any update from past two weeks. IMO, it's kind of disappointment for community as after so much planning about the project, we have no resource or help left from Mozilla. Also, now it is not even under connected device innovation (as per updated wiki).

I am bit afraid about future of this project. I have seen in wiki, a lot of connected device project (around 7-8) have been proposed and under development under connected device innovation and i guess, all Mozilla resource will be busy in those. It will be great if we get any update on this.

Also, what do we planning for London WW ?

Thanks

Kaichih Hu

May 3, 2016, 6:18:59 PM5/3/16
to Kumar Rishav, Open IoMeT
Hi, Kumar and all,

Sorry to send updates late to all of you. It was a crazy weeks for me, because I hit an important milestone of my life around 2 weeks ago: I became a father.

[ Current situation ]

First of all, it's indeed very difficult for this project now, because we were told that Mozilla is no longer supporting this project anymore, which means, we can only work on this program as 100% community members without Mozilla. I sincerely hope I, you and everyone can keep working on this together. Given the situation we have now, yes, it's not under connected device innovation, because Mozilla is no longer supporting it. Therefore, we really couldn't do anything for London work week. I am very disappointed at the level of support we have now. But, I believe in this program and I hope it can keep going.

[ What to do next? ]

Let me provide some of my thoughts on this program. We can move everything we have to another place without Mozilla. That's why we asked for a new name and we created a new Github organization. We also need to move our Wiki. I think we can create a new Github repo under our Github organization for the Wiki page. Now, we have the new Github organization here:
We have our mailing list renamed. I am planning to submit pull requests to move our Wiki to the new repo:

The next thing we need to do, is to have our weekly meeting back. Because Mozilla doesn't support this program, I could not join calls during my working hours. I will send out more options for all of us, and let's pick a good time, or a few good time for the regular calls. Another thing is, although we can't have demo at London work week, we can target other open source conference. To be honest with you, 6 hours ago, I was confirmed that I was invited to host a session in Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2016. I will definitely try to promote our program there.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

Cheers,
Kevin Hu

sspillai

May 3, 2016, 9:25:40 PM5/3/16
to Kaichih Hu, Kumar Rishav, Open IoMeT
Hey Kevin,

This is a great news. I am very happy for you. Congratulations!

Take care.

Best

Ganesh

Kaichih Hu

Oct 14, 2016, 5:38:26 AM10/14/16
to ganesh sspillai, Kumar Rishav, Open IoMeT
Hello, everyone,

Just want to share with all of you that, we are keeping working on this project. Although it's moving slowly, it's indeed moving. We've already moved our Wiki to the following place:

You can see other pages by visiting the links on the right hand side. We also keep tracking our issues here:

After some discussions, we decided to use "milestone" feature in Github to manage our deliverables. We can assign milestone to any issues that we plan to finish in given milestone. Here is the list of issues we plan to finish in milestone 1:

Originally, we plan to define the end of milestone 1 as the end of September which is already passed. Now, I think it's time to brainstorm the next milestone. So, we need some feedback from you that:

1. When will be the reasonable timeline for the next milestone?
2. What topics / theme do we plan to achieve in the next milestone?

Please reply with your ideas. Suggestions and comments are welcome! Thank you.

Cheers,
Kevin Hu

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/open-iomet/21274826-fdb3-4a44-89b0-075e00ca58c4%40googlegroups.com.

Kaichih Hu

Oct 14, 2016, 6:13:27 AM10/14/16
to ganesh sspillai, Kumar Rishav, Open IoMeT
Hi, everyone,

I've created another Wiki page here to record down our milestones:
You can also get the list of milestones here:

Meanwhile, I would like to double confirm with all of you here, who is still active to this project? As far as I know, Ganesh, Kumar, Greg and I are still active. We need more developers to join us. We also need lots of more voices, suggestions, and comments to this project. Please raise your hand if you are still active, and looking at this mailing thread.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Kevin Hu

drtanj...@lotuseldercare.com.sg

Oct 24, 2016, 12:09:41 AM10/24/16
to Kaichih Hu, ganesh sspillai, Kumar Rishav, Open IoMeT

Dear Kevin,

Many thanks for continuing the efforts!

Here are some developments from my side on IOMeT. I have written an e mail recently to my community on IOMET developments.

Dear all,

WRT this article, actually I am going to roll out something similar for my patients perhaps next year when the technology is ready. As most of you know, I do long term care, embracing the call for One Patient One Doctor or Medical Home Concept recommended by our Dear Leaders. As a private entity, I got around $0 subsidy each year, so that is why I am still struggling and doing locuming work consistently. Anyway, here is what I will be doing, since I am already like a MSW/PT/Nurse/Dietitan/Doctor/Lawyer/Death Inspector for the patient.

This is what I am going to do and it will come soon maybe next year.

Currently, my patient whatsApp me or email me or call me directly (for those grandmother caregivers). I then settle the problem. But this will not be sustainable since nobody wants to do so much.

In the near future, since more people are smart phone savvy, we will have a highly secured APP+EMR+PMR call Lotus Link or LL in short.

  1. It is a chat group with family, doctor in charge, case manager (or health coaches in the article), nurse, therapist, nutritionist, ACP facilitators, MSW all inside - I am sounding more like my hospital community care service but you get the idea. Family can post their fears and needs or questions inside and whoever is expert on the topic can response. Care manager in the group will then follow up and coordinate the instructions by the professionals if needed. One patient, one chat group. Chat group will have all the WhatsApp/Skype/WeChat features etc.
  2. It is an EMR system, when home visit is made, we just have to key in our findings into the APP, another section on EMR.
  3. It is remote monitoring system: things like advance remote wound monitoring system which I helped to develop or remote home vitals signs monitoring which i rolled out since Feb 2016 will seamlessly sync into the patient's EMR account.
  4. It is an e-prescription system, I can key in medicine and it will automatically appear in hospital system and patient's relatives can just either go hospital to buy or ask for delivery services.
  5. It is an e charging system, which we can use NFC for remote payment or Credit card using online systems like paypal etc.
  6. It is an uber system when I get many of you here to join in and you can see requests and take up the job if you want since I do not do afterhours consult. You will be able to access the EMR and join in the chat group and talk to the primary care physician (which is me) lying in a beach in Hawaii and sipping some pineapple juice. After the service is rendered, you can get out of the chat group.
  7. It is a PMR system whereby all the investigations and treatment plans are in one APP and where ever the patient travels, he or she can transfer the data to the hospitals there if medical help is needed. And still can link up to the primary care physician by adding into the chat group

It is a perfect APP and customised service to every individual with a medical home using IOT.

Regards,

Dr Tan Jit Seng
Director / Senior Home Care Physician
Lotus Eldercare Health Services
Lotus Eldercare Private Limited

Kaichih Hu

Oct 24, 2016, 5:54:51 AM10/24/16
to drtanj...@lotuseldercare.com.sg, ganesh sspillai, Kumar Rishav, Open IoMeT
Thanks for the sharing. Do you have some development resources for our IoMeT project? We need more and more supports to keep it moving.

Cheers,
Kevin Hu

drtanj...@lotuseldercare.com.sg

Oct 25, 2016, 3:39:55 AM10/25/16
to Kaichih Hu, ganesh sspillai, Kumar Rishav, Open IoMeT

Dear Kevin,

I just give the developers what I want and they try to help me develop for free. Other then that, I do not have any resources at all and I am not trained in IT or programming. It is a private IT firm who is helping me to develop what I want.