Latest update for Mozilla Eir

Kevin Hu

Mar 28, 2016, 2:58:03 AM3/28/16
to dev-fxos, b2g-internal, CD_al...@mozilla.com, connecte...@mozilla.com, Mozilla Eir
Hi, everyone,

These couple weeks, we are digging into more details in this project. You can almost find everything from the following Wiki:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Eir

[ Google Group is renamed ]

After working on this project with community members for few months, we would like to rename our Google Group as "mozilla-eir":

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mozilla-eir

Please notice that, our previous Google group is no longer available.

[ Github and AWS ]

We've created a Github here,

https://github.com/mozeir

We plan to put our deliverables in the Github above. We are also trying some prove of concept engineering work on an AWS instance. If you would like to get latest update, please feel free to subscribe our Google group:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mozilla-eir

[ Google Summer of Codes 2016 ]

We have 2 groups of students who are submitting parts of this project as their topics for Google Summer of Codes 2016. Greg Weng, Steve Chung and me are their mentors. We are refining the submission these days.

[ Vital Signs ]

Ganesh, a community leader in Mauritius did some user research in Mauritius, and got summarized conclusion which shows the following vital signs are what we are targeting in early stages:

1. Blood pressure.
2. Pulse.
3. Temperature.
4. Respiratory Rate.
5. Oxygen Saturation.
6. Cardiac Rhythm.
7. Blood Sugar Level.
These data gives us a great start to know where we should focus on for now. Thanks, Ganesh. We, of course, will do more user research with experts worldwide.

[ A blog post in French in Africa blog ]

We are also very excited to share with you that, Ganesh posted a blog post in Mozilla Africa blog:

https://africa.mozilla.community/fr/eir-projet-de-plateforme-medicale-libre/

It provides introduction of this project, and allows community members to join this exciting project.

There are more and more updates coming. We will try to update them on our Wiki, and also send out to share with all of you. Stay tuned.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Kevin Hu