How to access our trial server

1 view

gweng

Mar 17, 2016, 7:08:13 AM3/17/16
to FxOS Medical Platform Program
Hi all,

I've make an account that can do all Docker manipulation on the trial server. After login with the corresponding key, you are limited to run Docker related commands, like:

    docker run -i -t ubuntu

to access your own container with root permission inside. That means, if you try to access the host environment, you may get an error.

The way to access our trial server would be (with SSH client):

    ssh -i <the certification like public key> eir...@54.254.241.224

And you will be dropped into the limited shell.

Please understand this is because we now only have very few resource to manage the server, so I impose such dumb but necessary restriction on that. If you feel you need more permission to do your work, please contact me personally.

You need to provide me your public key to get the access. You can send mail to me with the public key as attachment.

If you don't know how to generate your public key, please see this:

https://help.github.com/articles/generating-a-new-ssh-key-and-adding-it-to-the-ssh-agent/

If you generate a PEM instead of keypair, please see this to get the public key from that:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1011572/convert-pem-key-to-ssh-rsa-format

(The answer #3)

And the most important thing is:

PLEASE DON'T SEND ME YOUR PRIVATE KEY

A private key should never, never, never be public.

After I got your public key, I will reply a mail to notify you that the trial account is available.

Finally, please allow me to remind you again: committing your change before you leave the Docker container you're working on. Or, your work would be lost.