Job opening at MapLight - Technical Director

Daniel Newman

Dec 22, 2014, 4:09:20 PM12/22/14
to open-go...@googlegroups.com
Job opening at MapLight - Technical Director

MapLight is seeking to hire a Technical Director. Please forward along to any people or lists who might be interested. Thank you! - Dan

Position Available - Technical Director at MapLight

MapLight is seeking to hire a Technical DirectorThis position is responsible for the successful implementation, configuration and performance of MapLight’s databases, web applications and other technical products. The successful candidate will manage a small, committed team of software developers. This position reports to the President and is part of MapLight’s senior management team. This position is based on the San Francisco Bay Area.

For more information or to apply, visit http://maplight.org/jobs/technical-director

About MapLight

MapLight combines timely, in-depth information about lawmakers, votes, and interest groups to reveal money’s influence on politics. Our groundbreaking transparency website combines campaign contribution data with how every legislator votes on every bill, making connections between money and votes that would previously have taken days or weeks to uncover available to the public at the click of a mouse. Our widely-disseminated, evidence-based findings highlight the relationship between campaign donations and legislative outcomes for the specific issues people care about, focusing citizen outrage and political energy on the root cause of government’s failure to serve the public interest: our broken system of campaign finance.

Since our founding in 2005, MapLight has reached over 240 million people with our data highlighting the impact of political influence. We've also launched Voter’s Edge, a comprehensive, nonpartisan online voter guide for the 21st century, and won a James Madison Freedom of Information Award, a Knight-Batten Award for Innovations in Journalism, a Library Journal Best Reference Award, an American Library Association MARS: Best Free Reference Web Site Award, and a Webby Award nomination.

For more about MapLight's work, check out this recent profile of MapLight in the Stanford Social Innovation Review, or this short animated video about our work.