Online tools for crime prevention? Proposed e-conference

1 view

Steven Clift

Dec 8, 2011, 5:37:02 PM12/8/11
to open-go...@lists.okfn.org, open-gove...@googlegroups.com, OpenGov...@googlegroups.com, ninja...@groups.open.org.nz, opensourceadvocatesforobama, mySociety public, general purpose discussion list
 Join here to make this e-conference happen:

The simple idea is that once 200 people join us, we will have a two week online exchange on the use social media and open data for community crime prevention. From online tools and open source to community strategies and real-life examples, we will share lessons and effective practices.

Like the in-person CityCamps - http://citycamp.com - we are accepting sponsor contributions to cover some costs, but participation will be free.

Whether you know someone who is a volunteer block leader interested in using online tools to connect their neighbors to those you know in police departments and neighborhood associations who work as crime prevention professionals, please spread the word.

Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
  Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.Org
  Follow me - http://twitter.com/democracy
  New Tel: +1.612.234.7072