[Open Food Still Alive ? ]

Bartel Latzoo

Apr 3, 2013, 1:02:53 AM4/3/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

is this project still alive ?  You guys have done an amazing work so far. And I wonder if there is still people involve in this adventure.

A food and data lover.

Cheers.

Tim West

Apr 3, 2013, 7:43:00 PM4/3/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
i'm alive. working on www.foodhackathon.com

join if you're available...

how about you?

Stéphane Gigandet

Apr 4, 2013, 3:31:33 AM4/4/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim and everyone,

Sounds like a great event, I wish I were in SF to be able to participate.

Would it be possible for you to let the participants know about http://openfoodfacts.org ?

All the data is in open data. It would be great to have more hackers play with it. There's a JSON API too. And open source code for our iPhone/Android barcode scanning app: http://github.com/openfoodfacts/openfoodfacts-android/

For instance here is something that was done in 24 hours by combining our food products data with OpenStreetMap:
http://cestfabriquepresdechezvous.info/ (in French sorry)
It would be great to have something like that for California where the locavore movement is so strong.

Thank you,

Stephane

Open Food - http://open-food.org/

Richard W

Apr 5, 2013, 7:09:36 PM4/5/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Ill try to make it. If there are any developers, hustlers or great writers out there who are interested in a novel food bases health oriented enterprise level e-commerce application, shoot me an email. I've been in the space for 10 years and know it well.

Richard