Hack//Meat Silicon Valley

Danielle Gould

Jun 13, 2013, 3:56:45 PM6/13/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We’d like to invite you to participate in Hack//Meat Silicon Valley, a hackathon to reimagine the future of meat. This unique event will gather industry “steakholders” (farmers, butchers, restaurateurs and advocates) to work with with technologists, creatives and entrepreneurs to prototype software and hardware solutions to meaty challenges, like tracking meat cuts from farm to butcher and increasing the supply of sustainably raised meat.

Over the course of the weekend, hackers will get to work with design thinking experts as well as leading industry mentors like Stephen McDonnell, CEO of Applegate (see the full list of mentors here), while API partners FourSquare, Dwolla, Yummly, Esri, and Pushpins will ensure there’s plenty of fun tech to play with.

Prototypes will be judged by industry leaders including Michiel Bakker of Google’s Global Food Services, Bill and Nicolette Niman of Niman Ranch & BN Ranch, Nico Hrdy of Valley Oak Investments, Amol Deshpande of Kleiner Perkins, Chris Cosentino of Incanto and Anya Fernald of Belcampo Meat Co.

Sign up here using the discount code "meathackers."

Details: June 21-23, Institute of Design at Stanford, Palo Alto, CA (see the full schedule and location info)

Food! Teams will be fueled by delicious, sustainable food and drink. Among the offerings, on Saturday Night, Google's Food Trucks will be serving up some of Google's famous and delicious fare to keep our hackers going. See more of our amazing food sponsors below.

Butchery Demo: On Sunday, Ryan Farr of 4505 Meats will conduct a beef butchery demo to give participants an alternative perspective on “hacking meat.”

Prizes: Cash prizes and ongoing business support will go to the grand prize winner; other prizes and business resources will be awarded to the best technology, business model, design and social good hacks. Prizes are designed to help groups continue working with steakholders to actualize their prototypes.

Hungry for more? Click here to read a recap of Hack//Meat NYC, held in December 2012.

I hope some of you can join us,

Danielle

Danielle Gould
Food+Tech Connect
M: 240.499.4167
www.foodtechconnect.com

Sign up for food+tech bytes to get the latest news and events delivered to your inbox.

connect with me: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter WordPress